Prince’s Day 2019: What’s changing for you?
Thursday 19 September 2019 - Tuesday 17 September was Prince’s Day (Prinsjesdag). As in previous years, the day revolved around the familiar hat parade and the balcony scene, and, of course, the 2020 tax package. The 2020 tax package consists of 6 legislative proposals. What will the 2020 Tax Plan mean for you? Read it in Mazars Actueel!
On Tuesday 17 September, the government officially announced its plans for the coming year. Mazars created a list of a number of (fiscal) proposals from the 2020 tax package for you. What’s changing for you?
Beside the 2020 Tax Plan, the 2020 tax package consists of the following legislative proposals:
● The legislative proposal Other Fiscal Measures 2020 contains measures which are more technical in nature, and which have no or little bearing with regard to the budget.
● The legislative proposal Fiscal Measures Act for the Climate Agreement contains proposals to further elaborate on the fiscal measures from the Climate Agreement.
● The legislative proposal 2021 Withholding Tax Act provides for the implementation of a conditional withholding tax on interests and royalties to low-tax countries and in abuse situations.
● The legislative proposal Repeal of Fiscal Deduction for Educational Expenses Act provides for the repeal of fiscal deduction of educational expenses from income tax.
● The legislative proposal Guideline for Harmonisation and Simplification of Trade Between Member States Implementation Act concerns VAT regulations for stock an entrepreneur keeps in another member state to the order of a purchaser known to him, as well as a scheme for so-called chain transactions.
Want to know more?
Do you have any questions of the legislation proposed by the cabinet? Or would you like to know what will be changing for you? If so, please contact us via email or by phone: +31 (0)88 277 15 00. We would be happy to assist you.