These are special times where we face major challenges. The impact of the coronavirus is...
Immediate insight into the impact of the coronavirus on your company's cash flow
Due to the effects of the coronavirus, a lot has changed in a short period of time. It is essential for your business operations to gain a simple and quick insight into the impact of various scenarios on your liquidity (consider clients paying later, paying suppliers later , deferred payment to suppliers, deferred bank repayments, deferred repayments from other lenders, shareholders making additional payments, deferred payments, the impact of NOW).
Mazars' Data Analytics & Insight (DA&I) team has developed the MAP Cashflow for entrepreneurs on its Mazars Analytics Platform (MAP), which allows entrepreneurs to quickly access a flexible scenario analysis tool to simulate various possible consequences of the coronavirus based on their own data and to gain insight into their expected impact on their cash flow.
What do you see on the dashboard?
Two lines are visible on the dashboard: Cashflow Gap and Expected Cashflow Gap, based on your own data. The Cashflow Gap line represents the cumulative state of your receipts and payments during the year. The Expected Cashflow Gap refers to the cumulative state of your receipts and payments during the year, including the various scenario parameters available in the dashboard. The starting position, for both Cashflow Gap and Expected Cashflow Gap, is the cash position as at 31/12/2019, in order to create a scenario for 2020.
You can exert influence on the Expected Cashflow Gap yourself by using the various parameters based on your expectations for your own company. The possible impact on your cash flow will quickly become clear.
Two types of parameters can be used in the tool for scenario analysis:
- Market development parameters
- Postponements - Collection (in days): Number of days your clients are expected to pay later;
- Cash-flow increasing parameters
- Postponements – Payment (in days): Number of days you are expected to pay your suppliers later.
- Bank Loan Delay (in days): Number of days you are expected to pay your bank later and the starting date thereof.
- Other Loan Delay (in days): Number of days you are expected to pay your other lenders (consider: lessors, insurers and lease companies) later and the starting date thereof.
- Equity Contributions: additional payment in euros of your shareholders and the starting date thereof.
- Tax Payment Delay (in days): Number of days you are expected to pay your taxes later;
- NOW contribution: Percentage of non-working employees on your total workforce, whom the NOW has been applied for.
- Start Date NOW: The starting date of the NOW-regulation (taking into consideration the two weeks own risk period), concerning the advance of 80%.
Try it out!
How does it work?
To make the dashboard available to you, we need a standard data extraction from your bank portal, the so-called CAMT.053 files (format: xml) for the financial year 2019 (1/1 to 31/12). The manual for exporting CAMT.053 files can be requested via the contact form or your point of contact within Mazars. Of course, your data will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
In addition, we need a Microsoft e-mail address of a contact person within your organisation to share the dashboard with you via Power BI Online. You can then carry out the impact analyses yourself, optionally with an explanation or under the guidance of one of our experts.
If we receive your files timely and a Microsoft account is available then we are in principle capable to supply you the dashboard within one day.
Are you interested in our MAP Cashflow? Please complete the contact form below or get in touch with your point of contact within Mazars. We will then contact you to inform you of the working method.
Want to know more?
Your challenges during the coronacrisis
These are special times where we face major challenges. The impact of the coronavirus is significant and the situation is constantly changing. We will inform you about new developments and measures and are of course at your disposal to support you where necessary with your current challenges. Do you have questions? Please contact your trusted Mazars adviser or use the contact form.