How to proceed?
If you want to contribute the company into a private company with limited liability, there are two alternatives:
- Taxable contribution: you settle with the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration on, among other things, the goodwill, hidden reserves and retirement reserve (discontinuation profit) of your company. Bargaining for a discontinuation annuity does not always have to lead to direct payment of income tax.
- Untaxed contribution: there is no settlement of discontinuation profit. The future tax claim will be transferred to the private company.
Mazars can assist you with:
- the deliberations on whether or not to contribute your company into a private company
- determining the discontinuation profit
- providing an insight into the consequences of taxable or untaxed contribution
- implementing the contribution into the private company
- the request with the mandatory calculations to the Tax and Customs Administration for the untaxed contribution
Want to know more?
Would you like to know whether contribution into a private company is advisable in your situation or know more about the various alternatives to make the contribution possible? If so, please contact Nick Brinkman by e-mail or by phone: +31 (0)88 277 19 00. He will be happy to help you.