Alexander Rasink Partner
Personal quote / vision
Employment tax requires more than giving good advice. The advice is only a means to an end: a satisfied client. Every client is different and as a tax adviser, you should always have an eye for interests of all stakeholders involved, see the big picture and seize opportunities when they arise.
Employment tax and global mobility are all about individual, personal interests, which requires a greater degree of empathy from a tax adviser. Understanding how to bring across the message in a clear and concise way, is key to a building a good relationship with the client. And as we act in a global environment, an internationally oriented approach, respecting differences in culture and language, is indispensable.
Clients and co-workers see me as personable, proactive and pragmatic. These traits help me to be flexible to find the best approach to find a solution - as no client is the same. This is what makes my work so interesting, every day.
- Responsible for Employment Tax and Global Mobility in the Netherlands.
- Chairman of the Global Mobility steering committee for Mazars worldwide.
- Sponsor for the 'Global project team' responsible for the development of IT tools for the international Global Mobility practice.
- Tax: advising on tax obligations for payroll tax and social security (including labor law and immigration, through our partners).
- Policy: advising on hybrid working, remote working, expat policies.
- Employment benefits: allowances during secondments, tax equalization, employer cost calculations.
- International executives: advising senior management, directors and supervisory board members.
- Expat compliance: 30% ruling, A1, personal income tax return, Dutch tax number, tax briefing.
- International payroll: shadow payroll, gross to net calculations, salary splits.
Specific client experience
- Broad experience in advising (international) companies on employment tax and cross-border employment.
- Assisting (international) companies with policy making for their international workforce, setting up assignments, tax impact analysis, optimizing employment conditions and meeting tax obligations.
- Clients active in various sectors: pharmaceutical and medical industry, IT, financial and legal services, not-for-profit and hospitality.
- Active in the field of quality control and development of the international Global Mobility practice.
Education and work experience
- 1995 - 2002 | Erasmus University Rotterdam | Tax Law.
- 2002 - present | Mazars | Tax Partner, Employment Tax & Global Mobility.
- I enjoy sharing my knowledge and expertise in the field of payroll taxes and cross-border employment. Therefore, I regularly speak at internal and external events. Are you looking for a speaker on payroll taxes or the tax aspects of cross-border employment? Then please contact me or Mazars University by email or by phone: +31 (0)88 277 12 34.
Want to know more?
Pages associated to Alexander Rasink
- Eindejaarstips 2022: Loonheffingen & Global mobility
- Update: Important changes to the tax relief method for directors abroad
- Closing year tips 2021: Payroll taxes
- Webinar | Taxation of International Assignees
- Q&A Brexit
- Brexit Radar insight: immigration
- Interview: how businesses can keep up with Brexit developments
- Expat tax alert Q&A 2020: Dutch personal income tax return
- Frontier workers agreement between Nederlands and Belgium, Germany extended
- The EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement: relevant implications
- Brexit voucher: subsidised advice for your company
- Prinsjesdag 2020: Maatregelen loonheffingen
- Terugkijken: webinar Prinsjesdag 2020
- Brexit Impact Scan: is your company ready?
- Terugkijken: Webinar 'Grensoverschrijdend werken tijdens de coronacrisis'
- OECD recommendations for taxation of cross border employees during COVID-19
- Brexit - Transitional measures
- Brexit: Is it really going to happen on 31 January 2020?
- Brexit: deal or no-deal? We will help you!
- Brexit-deadline nadert: bent u voldoende voorbereid?
- Brexit: Wat zijn de fiscale gevolgen?
- Sociale verzekeringen: Hoe zit dat na Brexit?
- Vrij verkeer van werknemers na Brexit: Wie heeft een vergunning nodig?
- Wel uitstel, (nog) geen afstel voor Brexit
- Shortening of term of 30% facility and transitional law
- Dutch 30% ruling reduced to 5 years. What can you do?
- Workshop: Werkkostenregeling, de verwerking in aangifte
- Mogelijkheden personeelstekort transport en logistiek
- IND inspection visits to recognised sponsors
- Dutch 30%-ruling shortened from 8 to 5 years per 2019
- Expat facility ‘the 30% allowance ruling’
- New 2018 income requirements for highly skilled migrants
- The 30% facility may end with application of 150-kilometre criterion
- Mazars University
- Workshop: Internationale Payroll
- Workshop: Grensoverschrijdende werknemers
- Regeerakkoord: beperking looptijd 30%-regeling?
- Social security treaty between the Netherlands and China into force
- Global Mobility Alert - Februari 2016