Arnoud Ellenbroek Director Governance, Risk & Compliance
At the start of my professional career, as a naval officer, I learned about the importance of keeping an appropriate balance between rules and trust. The better this balance, the higher the performance and morale in the workplace. Ever since then I have helped to optimize this balance either as a line manager or an auditor, for the benefit of my own team and the organization as a whole.
Education and work experience
- Since September 2018 I have been supporting organizations as an auditor, consultant and coach with sustainable performance improvement and organizational change.
- Before Mazars I led strategic change programs at ProRail in the field of safety, compliance and integrity.
- I also worked as an Internal Auditor at ProRail and Schiphol Group. For ProRail I was responsible for building up the Internal Audit Function from scratch.
- I was responsible for the safe and efficient course of operations, both at ProRail and Schiphol Group.
- In the Netherlands Royal Navy I learned that the key for successful cooperation is the care of people.
- Certified Operational Auditor (RO) and External Quality Assessor IIA.
- My award-winning thesis ‘Safety ‘in control’’ has been a starting point for a continuously growing understanding of organizational culture and balance between hard and soft controls.
Specific client experience
- Public sector
- Transport & Logistics
- Lecturer and examiner at the Executive MSc of Internal Auditing of the University of Amsterdam.
- Member of NBA (NL association of certified public accountants) project team ‘Soft controls in financial audit’.