Arnoud Ellenbroek Director Sustainability
Personal quote / vision
I want to contribute to fair and sustainable development: that is, meeting everyone's basic social needs, within the limits of our planet. Privately, I can certainly contribute, but I am proud to also make a positive contribution professionally. With our passionate and knowledgeable Sustainability team, we support organizations in their sustainable development. My personal contribution to this team is based on broad experience in the leadership of various organizations. I connect and improve, balance and enthuse.
- Registered Operational Auditor (RO).
- IIA certified for External Quality Assessment of internal audit departments.
- Advice and audit related to strategy, governance and risk management.
- Specific expertise in sustainability, safety and organizational culture.
Specific client experience
- Organizations focused on social interest, including education, interest groups, cultural institutions.
- Family businesses and (large) SMEs, including Transport & Logistics, Infrastructure & IT.
Education and work experience
- 1983 - 1998 | Royal Netherlands Navy | Professional officer; sailing and flying.
- 1988 - 1989 | Delft University of Technology | Navigation, IT and mathematics.
- 1998 - 2006 | Schiphol Group | Airport operations manager & Senior Auditor.
- 2003 - 2007 | University of Amsterdam | Internal Auditing & IT Auditing.
- 2006 - 2018 | ProRail | Director corporate risk and audit & Director train traffic control & Program manager safety, quality and sustainability.
- 2018 - present | Mazars | Director GRCS & Lead sustainability consulting.
- 2019 - 2020 | Schiphol Group | Director corporate risk and audit.
- 2020 | TIAS School for Business and Society | Sustainability Leadership.
- Lecturer and examiner at the Executive MSc of 'Internal Auditing' and Executive Master 'ESG Academy' of the University of Amsterdam.
- Member of the board of Mazars Foundation.
- Fanatic trail runner (finding energy and inspiration in nature to make my sustainable contribution).
Want to know more?
Pages associated to Arnoud Ellenbroek
- Social impact assesment
- Diversiteit & inclusie
- IT security
- Carbon footprint strategies
- Change management
- Governance & risicomanagement
- Supply chain due diligence & Human Rights
- Responsible business & human rights
- Strategy formulation
- Materiality assessment
- CSRD gap analysis
- ESG Health check
- Implementation & change
- Strategy & due diligence
- Culture & change
- Risk management
- Mapping social impact at civil society organisations
- Three-part project III | Sustainability opportunities and potential threats for SME's
- Drieluik deel II | Duurzaamheidsrapportage: overige internationale vereisten en aandachtspunten
- Three-part project | Sustainability reporting: update CSRD - mandatory reporting and assessment
- Sustainability reporting for civil society organisations
- Duurzaamheid: versnelling noodzakelijk
- A practical guide for boards and leadership teams on sustainability
- De CSRD effent de weg naar een verantwoordelijke en proactieve transitie voor iedereen
- Mazars contributes to collective progress on sustainability reporting
- Efficiency in education: justification of public resources
- Kennissessie 'Interne beheersing in de public sector'
- Governance in the cultural sector: which approach to choose?
- Our team