Egon Prouw, de Partner
Personal quote / vision
I have a hands-on mentality and enjoy helping people move forward. For my clients I am not only an auditor, but also a source of questions and a sounding board. I also keep them informed of relevant developments in laws and regulations, so they are always aware of opportunities and risks. I also think along with the user of the financial statements. How do they get the most insight into the organization's figures and how do financial statements become easy to read?
- As sector leader of Social organizations, I have extensive experience in auditing financial statements and subsidy statements of social organizations and I am in contact with specialists in this sector in the field of IT, taxation and governance, among others.
- As sector leader for Culture, I act as the specialist for cultural institutions, such as theaters, art stages and museums Cultural institutions fulfill an important social need and are attracting increasing interest from politicians and society. Cultural entrepreneurship is evident among organizations in the cultural sector.
- Cultural institutions are forced by market forces to raise the bar ever higher in realizing their objectives, work in a businesslike manner, control costs and generate additional income.
Specific customer experience
- Cultural institutions.
- Social organizations (associations/foundations, both Dutch and European).
- Internationally operating companies.
Education and work experience
- 2001 - 2010 | Nyenrode | Accountancy.
- 2001 - present | Mazars | Chartered Accountant (from 2020 partner).
- 2008 - 2011 | Nyenrode | Postmaster Chartered Accountant.
- Member of the Supervisory Board of the Grafisch Lyceum Rotterdam.
- Chairman of the Durf theater association.
- Treasurer at De Vandalen.
Want to know more?
Pages associated to Egon Prouw, de
- Column Egon de Prouw | De uitdagingen voor Maatschappelijke organisaties
- Column Egon de Prouw | Maatschappelijke impact, hoe werkt dat?
- UBO register: many foundations and associations are not yet registered
- Seminar | De uitdagingen voor Maatschappelijke organisaties
- Sustainability reporting for civil society organisations
- Column Egon de Prouw | De maatschappelijke opgave voor toezichthouders
- Cultural institutions: when is the payment of VAT to be expected?
- Verschillende belastingen? Dit geldt ook voor maatschappelijke organisaties
- Verplichtingen van musea op grond van de witwasbestrijdingsregels van de overheid
- Establish early agreement on verification of subsidy conditions
- The coronacrisis and the measures for the cultural sector
- Coronacrisis: important issues for the cultural sector
- Governance in the cultural sector: which approach to choose?
- Nieuwe businessmodellen: kansen en bedreigingen
- Nieuwe Governance Code Cultuur voor culturele sector
- Debatsessie: Cultureel ondernemerschap is een kunst