Isabel van Maaren Consultant Governance, Risk & Compliance
Personal quote / vision
Why do it the hard way, if it can be done easily with the same quality?
In my work I strive to help our clients with an efficient and pragmatic approach, without losing sight of the added value.
- As a trained Registered Operational Auditor (RO), I specialize in conducting operational audits at various organizations in a variety of sectors.
- In addition, I have specialist knowledge of risk management in both the first and second line. The combination of internal audit and risk management gives me extensive knowledge of internal control within organizations.
Specific client experience
- Internal audit at various pension funds.
- Internal audit at various insurers.
- Internal audit at various commercial institutions (retail, medical support, etc.).
- Risk management at public institutions.
Education and work experience
- 2011 - 2015 | The Hague University of Applied Sciences | BSc. European Studies.
- 2013 - 2014 | Glasgow Caledonian University | Exchange minors - Risk Management.
- 2015 - 2016 | Glasgow Caledonian University | MSc. Risk Management.
- 2016 - 2018 | a.s.r. insurance | Trainee Group Risk Management.
- 2018 - 2020 | a.s.r. insurance | Enterprise Risk Manager.
- 2019 - 2021 | University of Amsterdam | Executive MSc of Internal Auditing.
- 2020 - 2021 | Mazars | Consultant Governance, Risk, Compliance & Sustainability.
- 2021 - present | Mazars | Senior Consultant Governance, Risk, Compliance & Sustainability.
- Co-chair Young Professionals Board of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Netherlands.