Jaap Rauw Partner
Personal quote / vision
Say "yes" when it's "yes" and say "no" when it has to. Tackle when it's time and then do it right.
- Specialist experience in auditing and advising (fundraising) advocacy organizations whether or not hybrid funded through commercial streams and/or subsidy streams and associated legal structures.
Specific client experience
- Broad audit and consulting experience gained with a variety of clients ranging from small to medium and large enterprises in the service, manufacturing, trading and not-for-profit sectors. Since 2008 specific focus on Civil Society Organizations and within this as chairman responsible for the Sector Group Interest Groups.
- Much specific knowledge and extensive experience in membership and project organizations (both business services and (international) subsidy projects for several ministries and the EU).
- Special assignments included work in the context of financial review of charitable organizations, contribution, merger and demerger transactions, fraud and bankruptcy investigations, due diligence investigations and investigations to optimize the governance structure, as well as cost price investigations and profitability determinations.
Education and work experience
- 1988 - 1996 | Nyenrode | PhD in Information Management and Chartered Accountant.
- 1988 - 2006 | Mazars | Manager, control manager and assistant mixed practice.
- 2000 - 2003 | Registered Tax Advisers | Training as a CB tax advisor.
- 2006 - present | Mazars | Partner Shareholder audit & assurance practice.
- Treasurer Operation Mobilization Foundation.
- Chairman Sector Group Interest Groups.
- Member of the Market Group Social Organizations Mazars Netherlands.
- Trainer of the MalieAcademie and The Dutch Association (DNA).
- Member of the Working Group Toolkit Social Enterprises of the National Register.
Want to know more?
Pages associated to Jaap Rauw
- Begrip van risico's voor het gewenste weerstandsvermogen
- Mazars Special - Belangenorganisaties in Control
- Nieuwe businessmodellen: kansen en bedreigingen
- Verenigingen zoeken kansen en vinden risico’s. Hoe bewaar je de balans?
- Privacy- en informatiebeveiliging, een maatschappelijk vraagstuk
- Transparantie: de kern van het bestaansrecht?
- Belangenorganisaties in control
- Interest groups