Peter Hopstaken Partner | Member of the Executive Board
Personal quote / vision
The accounting profession, and certainly the public profession, is a relevant and beautiful, challenging position. Our quality vision 'Mazars enhances confidence through leading quality' expresses a correspondingly ambitious and appealing corporate culture. Working together with colleagues and clients on the development of organisations and people, contributing to the public interest and modernising and innovating where possible have always given me energy. Perseverance, transparency and honest behaviour are elements in this that are valuable to me.
Education and work experience
- Executive Master of Business Administration (Next MBA)
- Post-doctoral education Chartered accountant, Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Doctoral degree in Business Economics, Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Grammar school (in Dutch: Gymnasium B), Norbertus College Roosendaal
After completing Business Economics in 1987, I started as an assistant accountant at Mazars, working in the Audit & assurance practice. The expertise in the work for clients lies in audit assignments at medium-sized to large companies with international branches, as well as not-for-profit organisations (in particular in education). Involved in various international roles and projects of Mazars, besides audit related also often IT related. Appointed as a partner at Mazars in the Audit & assurance service line in 2001.
Executive Board Mazars in the Netherlands
- In the autumn of 2014, after having gained experience in various internal local and/or regional management positions, appointed as a member of the Executive Board. Portfolio holder for the Audit & assurance service line and Quality & risk. Reappointed in January 2021 for a term of four years.
- Social engagement has always been a high priority for Mazars. In the development as a professional and as a human being, interest in other environments and the fulfilment of ancillary functions are considered to create added value. In this context, I have worked in various service clubs (Round Table and Lions) and, in particular, in administrative and supervisory positions at, among others, Victim Support, various housing corporations and childcare organisations. In my current board positions I am also closely involved in the NBA (Steering Group Public Interest and OPAK) and in the scientific development of the accounting profession for the Foundation for Auditing Research.