Marco Zimmerman Senior Manager | Tax Adviser
I have enjoyed working at Mazars as a tax consultant since 2009. I specialise in employer taxes. I advise both Dutch organisations and foreign businesses that are active on the Dutch market. In my capacity of tax consultant I support employment agencies, payroll companies and other organisations that supply or hire staff. I also advice employers in the Not-for-Profit sector.
I advise my clients about the correct application of the rules of wage tax and social insurances. These are often mixed up with issues pertaining to employment law (the application of a collective agreement and pension schemes, hirer's remuneration, etc.). Not only do I offer advice, I also study the possibilities of optimising the client's situation or to reduce the risks. Current examples are classification in the correct sector (sector premiums) and making use of subsidies such as premium discounts, etc. I also focus on offering advice about international secondment (A1 declarations), the obligation to withhold (tax obligation) of foreign employers (and their payroll in the Netherlands) and the possibilities of tax-free reimbursement of extraterritorial costs (conversion of extraterritorial costs, 30% scheme).
Other issues I specialise in include:
- Guide and prepare tax audits
- NEN 4400-1 and 4400-2 certificates
- Salary split situations
- Unfreezing blocked bank accounts and guiding investigations by the tax authorities (G account or WKA account)
- Guiding the completion of SNCU checks
- Preventing extra final levy on termination benefits (early retirement levy)
- Work-related expenses scheme (WKR): is there a good WKR-administration? Are the conditions met?
- WKA/WAS: how can entrepreneurs prevent the risks of vicarious tax liability and recipients' liability?
I like to share my knowledge and experience with colleagues and entrepreneurs. That's why I often hold lectures at internal and external conferences or training courses. Are you looking for an advisor or speaker about withholding taxes or social insurances? Please send us an e-mail (email@example.com ) or call us on +31 (0)88 277 12 34.
Would you like to know more about me or what I can do for you? Please contact me by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org ) or by phone: +31 (0)88 277 20 65.